Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Aloha!




It was a long flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu - 5 hours. I haven't been on a flight that long since Europe! But first class was wonderful! I was stuffed and I attempted to drink enough vodka tonics to put myself to sleep - to no avail. So I arrived on time and my Dad and Nedra were there to greet me with a lei! Susan bought us all one. It was beautiful and smelled wonderful! I felt like a Polynesian princess. Ok, maybe not that far, but I felt special!

Lei


There are a few differences between HI and Oklahoma. One being that 8pm in OK is still light, here it is dark and the sun breaks at 6am. So I arrived at my studio in the dark and it is beautiful. I have a private entrance with a lanai. It is customary to take your shoes off before entering a house... I will have to get used to that. She has done some nice touches to make me feel welcomed to Hawaii.

Floating in my sink



Both Susan and the owners provided me a welcome basket. Some items include: fresh pineapple (YUM!), Hawaiian coffee (brand is lion), taro bread (more about that later), some hawaiian onion potato chips which I experienced on the plane and were delicious, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, fresh bananas - dole, but still so much better, blueberry scones, two bottles of Hawaiian beer, and a bottle of moscato! I believe the only thing they didn't deliver was a rich, handsome, single man!

My welcome basket

The adult welcome basket!

My kitchenette is fully stocked including bottle opener. But I found two of these:

Not sure what this is?

And I am not sure what they are. They have elastic on the bottom. Perhaps they are napkin rings? This mystery may not be solved.

So I crashed in to bed after a little unpacking at 2:20am CT. And I slept my usual 8 hours and woke up at 5:30am Hawaii time! Time to start my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment