We continue on our venture and get all the way where we are looking at diamond head and Waikiki from the other side. We turn around and head to a blow hole. The water is bluer here. The waves crash in and where the lava rock has a hole, the water spurts up. The fun part is anticipating it and seeing what looks like steam blowing out befor the burst of water. Walking along the edge to the southern sidof the look out, there is a lagoon far below. It looks like a secluded paradise. They filmed "From Here to Eternity" and supposedly "Blue Lagoon" there. I could have spent a half day there... but the beach was calling me.
Dad drops me off at Kailua beach. It was beautiful and busy! The wind was blowing and the waves were crashing! It was so pleasant. I think I just relaxed and let my mind wander for an hour. Nothing amazing came to me other than "this is me". I love this. I love Jimmy Buffett songs, flip flops, the smell of coconut oil, the feel of sun on your skin... I walked down to the market at 2pm for a BLTA (avocado). When I get back it is sprinkling and I see everyone packing up to leave. So I pack everything and walk under the pavilion. I have no ride and this WA my day at the beach! About 25 minutes later the sun is shining. I head back out. A littLe later it starts to sprinkle and I think "I got your number weather...". And I wait it out. 5 hours at the beach did my soul good! I had a 20 minute walk home with a beach chair, umbrella, bag, and snorkel gear. Even that walk with sand all over my body and my skin tingling from all the sun, couldn't ruin the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment