Monday, June 27, 2011

North Shore

We headed out Saturday morning to drive up the coast and see the North Shore. It is famous for surfing in the winter when the professionals come from all around the world. The little towns are interesting with their little Shrimp shacks (a mobile truck selling food). The beaches are very different. Smaller, and more vegetation and lava rock. On our way back down, we stop at a little roadside market and buy some fresh pineapple and coconut. The pineapple is delicious. The coconut leaves something to be desired again... We are over the fresh coconut.

We pull in to a tourist trap to eat lunch. There are tour buses everywhere and I am so very thankful I am not on a tour bus! How trapped you, must feel. While I may not see everything there is to see on Oahu, I am having a very relaxing vacation.

photo.JPG

Our next stop is the macadamia nut farm tour. We go in and start shopping the gift shops and dad tells us they are not doing any more tours today. So we spend a little more time shopping. They have macadamia nuts plain, onion and garlic, honey roasted, kona, cinnamon, Cajun, salted, unsalted... You name it. BUT! They let you sample each kind so you can really decide what you like! There is a man there selling cremes, oils, and lotions for any ache or pain you may have. The jewelry is beautiful, but some of it is out of my price range. A rooster is following dad around. He must have heard that dad will feed animals. I found a bird of paradise plant. My best friend Sonya wore one as a corsages for prom. Very distinctive. Since I arrived,I have asked Susan if every orange "beak looking" plant is one. They are all related, but finally I see one. This pic s for you Sonya!



Related...

No comments:

Post a Comment