So everyone knows that my kids can drive me nuts. But as I prepare to send them off for 10 days and then head off myself 4,000 miles away, I just want to hold on to them forever. I told Hannah this morning that if we didn't take our trips, what would we be doing? Sitting around the house, running through the sprinkler, going to work and summer camp. I told her we can do that when we get back. That seemed to help both of us. She is ecstatic to go see her cousins and I think back to my summers as a kid and I loved going to my Grandma's. These are the memories she needs to make.
So... today is the last day of work. I am wrapping up those last things. I am really going to let go this time and not worry that someone might need something from me. Things will go on without me here. I am not that important!
No comments:
Post a Comment